By JIM DANKO
A worker died Dec. 20 in an accident at a business near Gainesville, Ga., following an explosion, according to the Gainesville Times. The accident happened as a result of a malfunctioning piece of equipment used to clean filters at MyCelx Technologies Corp., the newspaper reported.
A Gainesville fire official told the newspaper that a chemical solution created the explosion. He said it was similar to a gas build up on a grill that burst into flames when it is lit.
The worker’s name was not immediately released, pending notification of relatives. The man is from India and his relatives had not been notified, according to accessnorthga.com.