Auto accidents caused by drivers 15 to 20 years old killed 5,623 people nationwide in 2009. Now, imagine if 2,014 lives could be saved across the country every year. Sound far fetched? It’s not as hard as you might think. All states have to do is adopt seven simple rules for teenage drivers, according to the National Safety Council.
Auto accidents caused by California teenage drivers happen fast. What would you do you were injured in an auto accident? You need a California teen auto accident attorney on your side. See: Los Angeles Car Accident Attorney
The National Safety Council supports states adopting seven specific
rules for teenage drivers aimed at reducing the number of auto
accidents – and saving more than 2,000 lives each year. These rules are:
– minimum age 16 for a learner’s permit
– six months before unsupervised driving
– minimum 30 hours supervised driving during learner’s stage
– intermediate licensing at 16? minimum
– intermediate night driving restriction begin no later than 10 p.m.
– no more than one non-family passenger for intermediate license
– minimum age 17 for a full license.